Adopting a new pkg

What should I know if I was interested in introducing and maintaining a new pkg? I’ve worked up a working derivation for this selection and I have my eye on at least a couple of others?

2 Likes

What should I know if I was interested in introducing and maintaining a
new pkg? I’ve worked up a working derivation for this selection and I have
my eye on at least a couple of others?

Open a PR (with yourself as the maintainer) and ping a member.

If there are existing packages you are interested in, open a PR that adds your id to the list of maintainers.

Anyone choosing to contribute their time to make the project better is welcomed with open arms.

3 Likes

Technically all you need to do, ping me if you want it to be merged :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent. This is a pretty exciting community.

3 Likes

Many thanks to @jonringer and @jtojnar who painstakingly walked me through my first PR of a new pkg!

3 Likes

Thanks again for helping tidy up my recent PR. However, as @jtojnar pointed out, all my commits are somehow anonymous, e.g:

Author: = <=>

In the .git/confg of the repo, there now appears:

name = =
        email = =

So, somehow my config was changed in the process. I’ve never seen anything like that before and I’m at a loss.

Of course, if I reclone my own fork, everything works normally.

Has anyone else every experienced this before?

I guess you must have accidentally used git config user.name = sjfloat instead of git config user.name sjfloat.

Hmm. Yeah.

I don’t recall setting it at all; I’ve generally been falling back on my global config. But I suppose that’s possible.