Announcing our Google Summer of Code participants

Announcing our Google Summer of Code participants

I’m very excited to welcome our GSoC participants, they will be working on the following Projects:

You can expect to see PRs and progress posts of our participants over the following 8-12 weeks.

If you are curious about Google Summer of Code (GSoC) then you can learn more at:

This is the first year the NixOS Foundation participates in Google Summer of Code, and we already had 25 applications, 11 project ideas and a total of 9 mentors. Please don’t worry if you applied for GSoC but didn’t get accepted, there were many great applicants and our mentors had to choose.
We hope to participate again next year and want to give a huge thank-you to everyone who helped make this happen, our mentors, and of course our new contributors <3

30 Likes

thank you! i will find this very useful! and a special thanks to @djacu who started the ball rolling on this :heart:

7 Likes

This is awesome! Just for reference, the PR listed in the doc is old. This is the new one → Add network library by djacu · Pull Request #299409 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

3 Likes

I’m also participating in Google Summer of Code this year, working on a project to Integrate Regolith Linux into NixOS. This work, while not directly under NixOS, will contribute significantly to Nixpkgs. I aim to make Regolith easily installable and configurable on NixOS, enhancing user experience with customizable setups.

I’m keen to join the Summer of Nix 2024 to deepen my Nix knowledge and start contributing to the community. Looking forward to collaborating.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for this :pray:

4 Likes

so excited to be part of this community :partying_face:

3 Likes