Catppuccin-kvantum not working

Weird… I’m not sure what I should do here… Literally any of the default kvantum themes work just fine.

I’m running @aloop’s config and I’m not having this issue either. Does this happen for all qt apps or just specific ones? Does this happen only for qt5 apps or also for qt6?

I only have qt5 apps installed. I’m gonna try rebooting and see if that fixes stuff.

Yeah… I can’t seem to get this to work for me… I’m running into tons of issues.

Edit: After doing some tests, I can verify that the fix @aloop gave me does put Catppuccin-Mocha-Blue into the list of Kvantum themes, but it seems broken somehow. When I tell kvantum to use the Catppuccin theme, my Qt apps get freaked out and pop up a message box saying: WARNING: Qt: Could not find any platform plugin before segfaulting on me.
None of the default themes that come with kvantum seem to have this issue.

Edit 2: I think, but I’m not sure, that this is because the files provided by Catppuccin are more bare, and don’t provide theming for all the different Qt widgets and that’s causing my programs to freak out. The SVGs for Catppuccin seem less dense.
A sample kvantum default theme (Adapta)
Catppuccin SVG

@aloop @eljamm Do either of you have any idea what’s going on here?

I’m not really sure what the problem might be. The only other thing I can think of is that the settings I posted above are specifically the home-manager options, I’m not using the NixOS options for qt at all. Maybe if you have the NixOS qt options set it could be interfering in some way? Not sure why it would only affect this theme though.

I don’t have any NixOS options set that relate to qt. Do you know of any simple qt apps that I could use to test my themes? I want to see if it’s an issue with this one qt app I have installed or with all qt apps.

I just tried a few Qt applications with nix run: kdePackages.dolphin, dolphin-emu, and filezilla. They all seemed to work without issue for me (other than the dolphin file manager not having any icons since I don’t have breeze-icons installed I guess).

My suggestion is to try every possible configuration in a process of elimination to deduce where the issues exactly is:

• How qt is enabled?: NixOS / Home-manager
  • Which qt.platformTheme is used?: NixOS / Home-manager
  • What custom theme?: Try out something other than catppuccin

You should also try to collect as much data as you can while you do this. Perhaps with a combination of journalctl and the QT_LOGGING_RULES='*=true' debugging environment variable.