I think given the limited capacity of nix volunteers to implement metadata infrastructure (including some already-approved and uncontroversial cases, like categories), I think we should have a strong bias towards inaction and scope minimalism. If we don’t need to do something about this, we shouldn’t.
To the extent that this is driven by concern about code quality, therefore, we should only act once we have clear examples of this being a problem for us: for me, this means multiple examples of packages being broken in a way that seems related to them being LLM-written or LLM-assisted, and which our existing QA process is having a hard time dealing with.
To the extent that this is a morally-driven concern, it’s a bit more difficult to propose a criterion for action, because you don’t often get external signals that you’re making a mistake. In that arena I think discussing it here is reasonable, but I don’t want a discussion that pretends to be about the pragmatics when it’s really about the principle.