Inadvertent touchpad double-clicks

I am running NixOS on a Framework laptop and occassionally a double-click is registered when I perform a single-click on the touchpad.

On a cold boot, there is no issue. The problem only seems to show up later, usually days later. It doesn’t seem to be related to any software I am running. I usually keep open all the apps that I use day-to-day, then all of a sudden I get the phantom double-clicks. It is not related to suspend or hibernate, because it will sometimes show up before I suspend or hibernate. A cold boot temporarily fixes the problem.

I have had 4 replacement keyboards sent to me, so I don’t think it is hardware related.

Any ideas what is causing this? Any ideas for a solution?

I’m running a Framework with an X-server and i3, with the following options:

services.xserver.libinput.enable = true;
    services.xserver.libinput.touchpad.naturalScrolling = true;
    services.xserver.libinput.touchpad.scrollMethod = "twofinger";
    services.xserver.libinput.touchpad.tapping = true;

and also the NixOS hardware module (GitHub - NixOS/nixos-hardware: A collection of NixOS modules covering hardware quirks.):

imports = [nixosHardware.nixosModules.framework];

And I don’t have the problem you describe. Are you using the same configurations?

The full source code of my framework is at GitHub - kamadorueda/machine: My OS, development tools, and dotfiles, as code in case it helps, particularly the “ui” and “controllers” modules

Yes, I have similar settings as you, although the main difference, which relates to my problem, is that I have

services.xserver.libinput.touchpad.tapping = false;

And my problem occurs when I am clicking the touchpad.

Is there a systemd service related to the touchpad that I could restart when I am having problems to see if it is software related?