As a Resident DevOps Engineer at IOHK you will work chiefly with one of our diverse projects to plan, teach and implement fully reproducible GitOps-based operations across various pre-production and production environments on the blockchain.
As part of our well-structured DevOps team, you will work closely with internal domain experts to ensure high-quality, stable environments for our internal and external customers.
- Working on ‘build and deployment cycles’ across all development environments
- Supporting the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications
- Participating in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Improving and maintaining tooling and scripts for automation purposes
- Supporting our teams to write software that is simple and flexible to configure and deploy
- Collaborating with agile teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure and performance testing infrastructure
- Building capabilities to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
- Explore and implement latest best practices ranging from open telemetry to zero trust architectures, from 12-factor design to hybrid remote-local development environments
Minimum requirement: 2 out of 3 or very strong Nix experience.
- Nix experience using the tools within the nix ecosystem and specifically using nix as a configuration language
- SysAdmin experience administering application servers, containers, and web servers
- Datacenter Scheduler experience with schedulers like kubernetes, mesos, nomad or – although not a dc scheduler – very extensive systemd experience
- Command line fluency
- Code discovery fluency with tools like
- Fluency in git based workflows, commit discipline
- Scripting and programming skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with AWS, Google Compute, or other cloud providers
- Proficient English language and communication skills
- A spleen for statically-typed or functional programming languages
- An even bigger spleen for GitOps
Education / Experience
- Proven years of experience in Build and Release engineering, Linux operational excellence and automation
- We are particularly interested in people with experience of Nix, Open source work and Functional and/or Statically Typed Languages
- You will be someone who works well on your own and with a team
- You value cooperation and collaboration above all, and are not afraid to ask for clarification or help when needed
- You are kind and respectful of others’ opinions and you are open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in GMT or EST time zone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service