This was previously posted here, but we’ve updated the role a bit.
Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
- Design and development of centralised infrastructure for distributed hosting
- Update tools, code, and modules for the purpose of streamlining implementation and supportability
- End to end configuration of automated distributed testing using HoloPorts
- Extend and optimise NixOS and cargo (Rust) scripts that compile and manage binaries across linux/mac/windows systems
- Create solutions for managing and ingesting large numbers of logs and documents in real time, enabling prompt search and analysis
- Develop and manage automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) solutions for Holo’s software products
- Identify and implement big data storage solutions and schemas to maximize performance
- Enable automated configuration management (CM) for all development, test, quality assurance, and production servers
- Design scaling strategies and develop automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamline, implement, and test sites/software
- Implement monitoring solutions that identify system bottlenecks and production issues
- 5+ years development experience (multiple languages and systems)
- 2+ years of DevOps Engineer experience (Required)
- Experience with Nix and NixOS --Nix mindset is needed (Required)
- Familiarity with Hydra (for Nix CI/CD)
- Experience with Rust (Preferred)
- Experience with Python (Preferred)
- Experience with Cloudflare (Preferred)
- Experience with Data ETL (Preferred)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience in large-scale systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation
- A solid knowledge of encryption and key security
- Skills in the configuration, maintenance, and securing of Linux systems as well as skills in scripting languages such as Shell
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems (e.g. Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Spark)
- Working knowledge of a typical networking stack