Kdenlive Missing MLT module: glaxnimate

I am using Nixos 22.11 and installed kdenlive under environment.systemPackages.

When i launch it, it shows the following error:

Missing MLT module: glaxnimate
required to load Lottie animations

However, glaxnimate is not in the Nixos repo and i don’t know how i can solve this.

Has anyone got an idea?

Is it actually stopping KDE to start, or is it only when you open some videos? I tried to run it using flake on unstable (I guess) using simply:

$ nix run nixpkgs#kdenlive

and it works out of the box (I’m running KDE, X11, but I still have in the console about many plugins that are not available). But I also saw 458631 – Missing MLT module: glaxnimate that seems to affect multiple OS (fedora, PopOS…)

In any case it might be worth filling a bug in nixpkgs and tagging the maintainers.

It’s not stopping it to start but it shows the error window on first startup and when entering settings.

Following your suggestion, i piggybacked on the packaging request for glaxnimate and pinged the kdenlive maintainer. Maybe he can provide some input.

Thank you for your reply!

I’m marking this as solved as it is being worked on in glaxnimate · Issue #208707 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub and Glaxnimate: init at 0.5.1 by tobiasBora · Pull Request #209669 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

The issue is merged now… but I can’t reproduce your own issue, even with

$ nix run github:NixOS/nixpkgs/nixos-22.11#kdenlive

Could you let us know if you experience this issue as well with the above commands, and from which commit you can actually see this error? Ideally double check with, e.g.:

$ nix run github:NixOS/nixpkgs/a3a3dda3bacf61e8a39258a0ed9c924eeca8e293#kdenlive

if a3… is your commit.

Ok, problem solved in Kdenlive/mlt: enable glaxnimate to add vectorial animations by tobiasBora · Pull Request #209941 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

1 Like