Serokell is a fast-growing, fully-remote software development company that works on innovative solutions for complex problems. We’re packed full with adventurous, curious, and inclusive folks that want to build cutting-edge software with modern technologies like functional programming.
We’re seeking a Site Reliability Engineer that will work together with other members of the Serokell team to build and manage infrastructure for our and our clients’ software projects.
Requirements (you don’t need to match everything) :
- Feel at home using Linux.
- Have previous SRE experience.
- Understand a thing or two about networks (IP addresses and routing, TCP, UDP).
- Have experience with Infrastructure as Code tools.
- Be knowledgeable about monitoring best practices.
- Have experience in setting up incident reporting tools and mitigation protocols.
- Know how to use common dev tools (like Git, Bash, GPG, etc.).
- Know how to operate various CI/CD platforms.
- Be able to read (and ideally write) some Haskell or Rust code.
Previous experience with the Nix ecosystem (nixpkgs, NixOS, haskell.nix, etc.) is preferred but not required. It’s ok if you have never encountered it before. We are happy to help you learn it on the go!
As part of your job, you will :
- Spend quite a lot of time reading and writing Nix expressions.
- Spend some time maintaining and improving our NixOS-based, declarative infrastructure.
- Review work done by your colleagues.
- Maintain and propel DevOps culture within the company.
- Help developers learn the tools needed for infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Improve our alerting systems and incident mitigation procedures.
- Monitor and respond to security risks.
- Contribute to our open-source tooling and libraries.
- Work with tools like Nginx, Postgres, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, Vault, and Borgbackup.
Why Serokell could be your dream job :
- Chance to use Nix and Haskell while working on interesting projects in fintech, blockchain, and more.
- Possibilities to work on helpful content (articles, videos) for the Nix community.
- Conference and meetup budget.
- Open-source culture.
By joining Serokell, you’ll become a part of a warm community of ingenious engineers, computer scientists, designers, marketing experts, and other inventive people. You will be able to take part in ambitious projects that work on building the next generation of computer software, try out crazy initiatives unhindered by bureaucracy or judgment, and have fun in our Slack channels that range from #music to #butthurt (did we mention the huge custom emoji set?).
All applicants go through a test task to test their skill sets.
Please send your CV to email@example.com