Mailcow / Docker-Compose

Hi,
at the Moment I am using an Mailcow mailserver on an Ubuntu host. In the last years I migratetd all my infrastructure to Nixos and I am quiet happy. I did a testrun with the “Simple nixos Mail server”. Basically everything is working. But I am missing much features (Spam/AntiVirus/SolarDB) and so on.

I had a look in installing Mailcow on nixos. The Mailcow project uses Docker with docker-compose and Custom scripts. I think it is not that good to rebuild everything and do the same over on updates. Is there A way to use Docker/Docker-Compose in an more “Standard” way? I found and enabled Podman, but virtualisation.podman.dockerCompat is not renaming the docker compose commands. Am I missing something? What are my Options?

Thanks in Advance

But I am missing much features (Spam/AntiVirus/SolarDB) and so on.

The NixOS Mailserver project uses Rspamd for spam filtering and Clamav for antivirus. What is SolarDB?

Is there A way to use Docker/Docker-Compose in an more “Standard” way?

You can just enable virtualisation.docker to get a running Docker deamon. The docker-compose program would then allow you to deploy docker-compose stack such as on an Ubuntu host. I don’t remember if Docker restarts services on reboot but if it doesn’t, you could write a systemd unit to start your docker-compose stack on reboot.

Sorry, I messed up SNMS and NixCloud Webservices.

On SNMS I am missing users from a Database.
On Nixcloud i am missing the things mentioned above.
Ok, I will eventually give it a try.

Thank you.