Maintainers leaving Nixpkgs

To clarify, obadz or Domen have not really touched NM for a while now. Maxine did most of the updates.

The Freedesktop team might as well be empty. I only remain a member to get notifications but I treat packages within (including NM) almost like any other unmaintained core dependency package – will just update them when no-one else does in a while but other things take priority.

21 Likes
3 Likes

Me also just left Nixpkgs. Here the 56 packages I maintained, 48 of them I maintained alone and now they don’t have one. Feel free to take care of them. Cheers

3 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a lot of pkgs,

What does nix do when maintainers leave ? Still new to this and discourse!

A user steps up and adopts the unmaintained package if they care. If nobody cares, the package usually hangs around until it causes a problem for somebody, at which point it’s removed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!