Another installment of Marketing team meeting is behind us. This time we were very efficient and discussed all the planned topics in one hour.
- Meeting were attending: @garbas, @domenkozar, @samueldr, @edolstra, @davidak, @aepsil0n
Landing page, simpler PR
- Planning to merge this as soon as possible
- Look at the PR for latest review link
- this is a replacement for current search for packages and options
- apart from being on par with current search functionality it also does a better job at finding more relevant results (Hint: try searching for “ghc” and compare the results)
- preview can be found here: https://nixos-search.netlify.app
- many other ideas are planned but first we need to replace current search
- Community survey
- we need to get to know our community better, survey is one way of doing this
- until next time @davidak will prepare a more concrete idea and plan of execution since he has been thinking about doing this for quite some time
- History page
- Usability testing
- @aepsil0n did an UX experiment with one person
- this experiments are not limited only to nix cli, but can be about website, documentation, etc…
- the experiment is going to be - for now - only announced here on discourse and we will be looking for ~5 participants. once we become more fluent with running this experiments we hope to invite more.
- we still need to discuss: (1) what do we want to measure (2) how do we collect the results and present them at the end
- Guides on nixos.org
- Plan is to collectively contribute guides to nix.dev
- Documentation in nix.dev is published to https://nix.dev and Sphinx is the documentation tool that @domenkozar chose
- We will integrate guides/tutorials from https://nix.dev into https://nixos.org/learn.html
- Once the RFC 0064 - New Documentation Format for nixpkgs and NixOS is resolved we will revisit how/where we write documentation and how we integrate it with https://nixos.org website.
- This was a bit controversial topic but we found a compromise for the time being. I’m extremely proud that even when we disagree on certain things we know that putting a newcomers first is our top priority.
As always I would invite you to watch the whole meeting to get all the details.