NixOS 19.03 feature freeze

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/54693

This PR has been sitting around for a while, and I just now added minimal documentation. Now might be a good time to merge it.

1 Like

Is there anything keeping this PR from being merged in time for the 19.03 branchoff?
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/52464

git: 2.19.2 -> 2.20.1 by dtzWill · Pull Request #52575 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub ← use newer ‘git’?

Could a staging-19.03 job be added to Hydra?

Sorry for the delay, folks! The branch-off took place as planned last week; the ZHF issue now also exists, any contributions to fixing broken stuff welcome!

I cloned staging-18.09 → staging-19.03: Hydra - nixpkgs:staging-19.03

1 Like

@FRidh: but merge of one iteration caused quite a lot python*Packages build regressions.

Yes, there’s roughly 200 more or so that need to be looked at. A lot of them have already been fixed on master and backported as well.

Any possibility to have nixos/hdaps: automatically enable the hdapsd kernel module by ryantm · Pull Request #56309 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub merged?

@hpoussin merged and backported to 19.03.

1 Like

The issue you linked to seems to be fixed - any chances of getting kernel 4.19 back into 19.03?

…got a new laptop in January and X won’t start with the drivers coming with 4.14…

I’ll backport this as soon as this evaluation has finished all builds and there are no related errors.

Update: Backported in NixOS/nixpkgs@a36b965ede0988ff72cd9146e008ffdbb2f1e5bf.

3 Likes

Switching the default kernel branch is a bit of last-moment change, but I expect it’ll be fine, as many people (incl. me) have been using 4.19 anyway.

1 Like

Beginning today, VBox shared folders stopped working with NixOS 19.03 (see modprobe vboxsf breaks boot · Issue #58127 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub). I’m not sure, but I suspect that the kernel update caused this. As I can’t find a workaround and I think VBox Guest compatibility is an important thing (well, at least for me…), I’m posting here to raise awareness.

2 Likes

@danbst Could we have the davmail module cherry-picked for this release?

1 Like

okay, done. The only concern is that there is no test for service, but I’ll trust you it works.

2 Likes

@danbst Unfortunately there can’t really be a test module for this. Please ping me any time you want testing done for this module and I will be happy to report results ASAP :slight_smile:

Yeah for desktop use case there isn’t anything to turn on for logrotate usually, as it is covered by journald as you mentioned.

Could we configure these services to write to a FIFO, with systemd-cat at the other end, so all logs go to the journal?

1 Like

I would be nice if we cound get coredns module cherry-picked too.

I humbly request throwing this lispPackages.stumpwm: mimic Query-FS tricks for adding extra deps · NixOS/nixpkgs@83cb84e · GitHub on the pile as well. I’d love to have stumpwm working for me in 19.03

2 Likes