NixOS 20.09 Release Manager 🥳

Hello again :v:,

The time has come for me to announce the next co-release-manager for 20.09-21.03!

Here is a simple drum roll pattern for you enjoy. Be sure to use your imagination. Depending on the audience it’s a sick beat, a terrible cacophony, something beautiful, or perhaps both.

:drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum: :drum::drum: :drum:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: | :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: | :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: | :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: | :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:gun: :gun: | :gun: | :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:
:boot::boot::boot:| :boot::boot::boot::boot:| :boot::boot:| :boot::boot: | :boot::boot: | :boot::boot::boot::boot: | :boot::boot::boot: | :boot::boot::boot::boot: | :boot::boot: | :boot::boot: | :boot::boot::boot:

Okay, I hope you’re very entertained, because I’m pleased to announce it’s none other than…

Click me. Yes I know, I am such a tease 🐍
It's Jon Ringer (@jonringer) !

It’s likely you’ve already interacted with him. He does an absolute ton to assist our community like:

• Merging your stuff (soo many PRs omg)
  • Reviewing your stuff! (even more!!)
  • Starting the unofficial NixOS Discord and being available in voice channels
  • I could go on…

All of these things make a very respectable community member and a familiar face/voice, or perhaps rainbow hexagon if you’re me. NixOS wouldn’t be as wonderful today if we didn’t have him as a member, so I’m very excited to be able to collaborate with him so we can all create another release of NixOS :sparkles:

Let’s all congratulate Jon on his assignment.
And let’s also be cognizant of the power of @aanderse’s precognition.
ttyl k’bye - worldofpeace avatar

47 Likes

@jonringer It could be helpful to mention your contact channels here in this thread, as I do understand you aren’t available (or are not usually) on IRC?

3 Likes

Congrats @jonringer! Well deserved and thanks :pray:.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear! Many thanks for all the work you do for nixpkgs/NixOS @jonringer.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the support.

Looking forward to working with @worldofpeace to have a smooth 20.09 release.

18 Likes

Very well deserved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your work!

3 Likes