Nixos get together in Groningen?

Too bad, but probably the right call. Hopefully we can revive this idea in the new year, I’d love to meet local Nix enthusiasts!

1 Like

We could consider doing an online meetup. E.g., there are regular German meetups as well.

In that way we can hit the ground running when the restrictions are lifted again.

1 Like

Too bad it had to be cancelled again, I was really looking forward to it. Thanks for all your efforts in organizing this @JosW !

I also think an online meetup would be a nice alternative for now, until we can schedule a new date for a physical meetup.

1 Like

I understand your frustration @JosW.

The timing was unfortunate. I don’t think we can have an IRL meetup during cold seasons for some time to come, but a meetup during summer may well be possible. We’ll see how that develops.

Sorry to have bothered you with this…

No need to be sorry! I liked the idea and I already accepted the possibility of cancellation before deciding to join. I appreciate that you organized it despite the (potential) circumstances.

2 Likes

I don’t know if necrobumping this thread is the best way of doing this, but I recently met @c0deaddict at a GoLang Meetup in Groningen and they mentioned that there had been attempts in the past to organize a Nix meetup here.

Covid restrictions are no longer an issue and we’re going into warmer months so I was wondering if we could maybe try to revive this? Would anyone still be interested?

Other than @c0deaddict I know of a couple of other people in Groningen that would be interested in joining.

4 Likes

sounds like a great idea!

for those who are joining MCH in Zeewolde later this week → Nix gathering at MCH2022

Hi, I’ve noticed this thread is kind of dead. Anyone else interested in such an event?

2 Likes

It pops up every now and then, so maybe we should plan an easy walk in night with no official talks/presentations on forehand?
To get an idea about how many like minded people we could get together up North?
Maybe get an base and to built up momentum for something more structured and educational in 2023.

1 Like

I haven’t been Nix-active recently (mostly because I joined a company in the Python ecosystem and it was just too much effort to do bleeding edge Python development that way), but I’d definitely be interested in joining a Groningen meetup.

1 Like

I’d be down for that!

I’m also interested!

Make a PR to GitHub - nix-how/nix.ug: A directory of Nix User Groups so that it ends up on https://nix.ug if you do decide to go ahead with this meetup!

3 Likes

I’m willing to create such a PR. Do we need to decide on a date first? What about the location?

As long as you have a website or something to link to for more info, the only location you should decide, is what country it’s going to be in. If you have no fixed date, just say “No strict schedule” :slight_smile:

To revive this thread, who here would be interested in a nix 20th anniversary meetup on the 19th of March?

1 Like

I would be interested, but Groningen is too far, can’t we do Utrecht or Amsterdam.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll wait a bit more to see if others are available. We can then create some kind of poll

I can’t the 19th - maybe create a https://framadate.org ?

1 Like

Here you go — Framadate

Only pay attention to the dates (I put in random times). We can discuss the exact time and location once we’ve figured out the date I guess

It looks like we only have 3 responses (one of which is mine). Assuming we go with the most chosen answer of the 25th, what proposals do y’all have for the place to hold such a meetup?

As for what we’ll actually do, I think it would be cool if we all showed off some “interesting” bits of our setups, the kind of thing that not everybody knows about already :slight_smile: