Nixpkgs binary cache status / Hydra when is binary available for <nixos-unstable>

Hi,

Is there a way to see when the binary for a derivation / package will be available in the nixos package cache? I am waiting for a commit to a package to become available in nixos-unstable. I saw the commit was merged to master, then I saw it was also merged to unstable. I think that it also has past hydra though I don’t completely understand all the steps a commit goes through until it is available as a package in the binary cache.

Specifically I am asking because I would like to test the following change to chromium: chromium: Install libvulkan.so.1 by primeos · Pull Request #151023 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
But it seems to me that when I install chromium from unstable channel the change is still not there.

There is a PR tracker you can use. It looks like “nixos-unstable” wasn’t updated after that PR is merged.

2 Likes

This is awesome, thanks!!

Hydra - nixpkgs:trunk:chromium.x86_64-linux seems to say that the latest build is not only later than the PR merge, but also uses a commit later than the merge.

So maybe try nix-store -r /nix/store/dlcf3hcy09aggib5lzykcjpqqf89s7bc-chromium-96.0.4664.110 (which will try the binary cache regardless of channels)

1 Like