Oh my fish in NixOs

I am and fish used and new to NixOS and would be really nice to have somebody to package oh my fish for nixos

Probably best to submit an issue to the github page

To get fish going you can use, programs.fish.enable = true; in your /etc/nixos/configuration.nix. Unfortunately there’s no, programs.fish.oh-my-fish.enable = true;

The readme makes it seem like it installs to your home directory which should be allowed (although not very nix-like since you can’t just declare that you want this package).

there’s a similar oh-my-zsh package that can probably be used as a reference to make a oh-my-fish package, and would probably be an excellent way to get your feet wet in writing nix. (If you’re up for the challenge, generally the community is very helpful with feedback on PRs, you shouldn’t feel intimidated)

for setting up user environments, you may want to look at the home-manager project

1 Like

During installation is executed script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oh-my-fish/oh-my-fish/master/bin/install

OMF is installed in $HOME/.local/share/omf and configuration is located in $HOME/.config

I am already using home-manager but I think is better is we can have a official package for omf

sounds like something that belongs in home-manager, and would be lovely to have. :slight_smile: