PR ofborg-eval — This PR does not cleanly list package outputs after merging

I’m not sure why, but this PR is not passing the tests:

It mentions:

ofborg-eval — This PR does not cleanly list package outputs after merging. 
…
       error: evaluation aborted with the following error message: 'lib.customisation.callPackageWith: Function called without required argument "kdialog" at /ofborg/checkout/3/repo/38dca4e3aa6bca43ea96d2fcc04e8229/mr-est/ofborg-evaluator-4/pkgs/by-name/st/stereotool/package.nix:10, did you mean "dialog", "dyalog" or "gtdialog"?'

But kdialog is an existing program:

nix-repl> :lf github:NixOs/nixpkgs
nix-repl> "${legacyPackages.x86_64-linux.kdialog}"
"/nix/store/82cq1v2bcd50ygicvmjjiqgvvlk34kbh-kdialog-23.08.4"

There are even more confusing facts:

1. this works perfectly if I manually add this in my own system flake or if I run nix-shell -p stereotool
  2. but nixpkgs-review does complain indeed
  3. ./pkgs/test/nixpkgs-check-by-name/scripts/run-local.sh add_stereotool https://github.com/RudiOnTheAir/nixpkgs/ does not raise any eror

This also makes we wonder: how should a package choose between installing kdialog or the gnome equivalent? I personally prefer kdialog over the gnome version…

? Do i have to choose another filemanager fileopen dialog?

The package potracker uses libsForQt5.kdialog instead (not sure why here libsForQt5 is needed), so maybe try to add libsForQt5 instead of kdialog in the {…}: list on the first line, and then below replace kdialog with libsForQt5.kdialog. I’m unsure if there is a cleaner way to get the dialog depending on the OS.

On this two positions?

wrapProgram $out/bin/stereo_tool_gui --prefix PATH : ${lib.makeBinPath [ kdialog ]}
install -Dm755 jack $out/bin/stereo_tool_gui_jack
wrapProgram $out/bin/stereo_tool_gui_jack --prefix PATH : ${lib.makeBinPath [ kdialog ]}

Yes, sure, just try ^^

A short test with

nix-build -A stereotool

works… OK lets do it

Cool, seems to work. Maybe now add it to PRs ready for review _ - #2843 by evanrichter to help getting a second reviewer faster. Then, you can post it in PRs already reviewed

OK, done this. And then i have to wait?? Have to leave the office now…

Yeah, the review process can take a bit of time (as I told you there are not so many people doing reviews), but if you see no activity in maybe a few days, submit it to the already reviewed list (after all you already have one reviewer and the change is nothing crazy)

Now i have commited some changes from supersandro i think i have to get the changed version back.
Thats a simple git pull inside nixpkgs?
A git diff gives nothing out… :thinking:

[wolf@daw:~/git/nixpkgs]$ git diff

[wolf@daw:~/git/nixpkgs]$

What about using VS Code to help me with my GIT cluelessness…:wink: