Thank you contributors!

Brand new NixOS user. I have been a linux/BSD hobbyist for 12 yrs and recently discovered Nix. I am in love with Nix and NixOS after just 1 week. So smart and so exciting. You are doing a great job! Thank you. (Also - thanks to the maintainers who packaged the micro text editor). Though I probably can’t help you with my code, I’ll be donating $ to your foundation.

7 Likes

Brand new NixOS user. I have been a linux/BSD hobbyist for 12 yrs and recently discovered Nix. I am in love with Nix and NixOS after just 1 week. So smart and so exciting. You are doing a great job! Thank you. (Also - thanks to the maintainers who packaged the micro text editor). Though I probably can’t help you with my code, I’ll be donating $ to your foundation.

Please remember — as an enthusiastic new user you might be able to write texts for humans (maybe a wiki entry you would love to read before doing something but it didn’t exist?) from a perspective you will lose after getting more experience. Once the understanding and the mental model fully settle in your mind, you start forgetting what required the most attention the first time.

Of course, there are many things to document that do require experience, but there might be suggestions that are easiest to make now.

Welcome, and I hope you do not get disappointed with Nix ecosystem (ever).

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @jtsperberg!

1 Like