I am trying to create my first nix package and am receiving the following error during the build process (won’t even really start the build):
Build command: nix-build -A babashka
error: cannot auto-call a function that has an argument without a default value (‘localSystem’)
Steps I performed:
- forked nix packages
- cloned my repo (GitHub - bhougland18/nixpkgs: Nix Packages collection)
- added a folder (…/tools/misc/babashka)
- Created a default.nix file
- added path to file in
- pushed changed back to my repo
- ran nix-build -A babashka in the root of my local nixpkgs folder.
The package I am trying to create is located here: GitHub - babashka/babashka: Native, fast starting Clojure interpreter for scripting
I think I don’t totally know how provide the necessary prerequistes during the build process. Also, I didn’t use nix shell, but I really want to better understand how and when to use this tool.
Thank you for any assistance, I want to transition from a happy user to a contributor.