Unable to apply the updates on KDE/settings/users

Every thing is in the title : System setting/users : I cannot apply the updates! The apply button stays gray.

[armand@NixOSportable:~]$ neofetch
          ▗▄▄▄       ▗▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▖            armand@NixOSportable 
          ▜███▙       ▜███▙  ▟███▛            -------------------- 
           ▜███▙       ▜███▙▟███▛             OS: NixOS 21.05 (Okapi) x86_64 
            ▜███▙       ▜██████▛              Host: Aspire A515-51G V1.15 
     ▟█████████████████▙ ▜████▛     ▟▙        Kernel: 5.10.71 
    ▟███████████████████▙ ▜███▙    ▟██▙       Uptime: 1 hour, 37 mins 
           ▄▄▄▄▖           ▜███▙  ▟███▛       Packages: 1141 (nix-system) 
          ▟███▛             ▜██▛ ▟███▛        Shell: bash 4.4.23 
         ▟███▛               ▜▛ ▟███▛         Resolution: 1366x768 
▟███████████▛                  ▟██████████▙   DE: Plasma 5.21.5 
▜██████████▛                  ▟███████████▛   WM: KWin 
      ▟███▛ ▟▙               ▟███▛            Theme: Breeze [GTK2/3] 
     ▟███▛ ▟██▙             ▟███▛             Icons: breeze-dark [GTK2/3] 
    ▟███▛  ▜███▙           ▝▀▀▀▀              Terminal: .konsole-wrappe 
    ▜██▛    ▜███▙ ▜██████████████████▛        CPU: Intel i5-7200U (4) @ 3.100GHz 
     ▜▛     ▟████▙ ▜████████████████▛         GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX130 
           ▟██████▙       ▜███▙               GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620 
          ▟███▛▜███▙       ▜███▙              Memory: 1696MiB / 3814MiB 
         ▟███▛  ▜███▙       ▜███▙
         ▝▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▘       ▀▀▀▘                                     

[armand@NixOSportable:~]$ 

OK. I see that the answers are not rushing! And yet I’m pretty sure others have the same problems as me. I am under X11 and I tell myself that with Wayland it must be a mess.

I will try xfce to see if it is more successful …

It’s a shame because I like this type of distribution: Reproducible, Declarative, Reliable

I’m sorry you’re having issues, but it is not at all clear to me what you are trying to do and how it fails.

If this is a common issue, do you have a reference to an issue or github or elsewhere with more details?

Are you saying that using the KDE SystemSettings application you are trying to make changes to the users? If so, what changes and what is the error(s)? Please be more specific.

Have you by chance set users.mutableUsers = false; ? In this case, trying to make changes to local users is supposed to fail.

As you’re on stable 21.05, I will not recommend trying KDE/Plasma Wayland as unstable (and the upcoming 21.11) are both going to be a much more pleasant experience.

[quote=“peterhoeg, post:3, topic:15599”]
Are you saying that using the KDE SystemSettings application you are trying to make changes to the users? If so, what changes and what is the error(s)? Please be more specific.
[/quote

Yes i try to add an avatar to a existing user and I cannot apply the update : gray apply button

What is users.mutableUsers set to?

But yes, we have some issues when it comes to using various KDE components to interactively make system level changes that do not work very well with a declarative system.

Essentially, KDE should basically have the functionality patched out and then have a proper nixos module (or home-manager module) that handles making those changes declaratively.

Nobody, however, has done that (yet).