VSCode FHS and Segfaulting Programs in Shell Environment

I am having a strange issue whenever I open vscode in a shell environment all the software pertaining to the environment segfaults when I try to manually use them via the builtin vscode terminal or when vscode tries to make use of them (language servers). I use home-manager to manage vscode, below is a snippet of the package/extension config.

package = if pkgs.system == "x86_64-linux" then
        pkgs.vscode.fhsWithPackages
        (ps: with ps; [ pkgs.nil nixfmt sumneko-lua-language-server ])
      else
        pkgs.vscode;
      extensions = if pkgs.system == "x86_64-linux" then
        with pkgs.vscode-extensions;
        [
          haskell.haskell
          vadimcn.vscode-lldb
          mads-hartmann.bash-ide-vscode
          foxundermoon.shell-format
        ] ++ base-extensions
      else
        [ ] ++ base-extensions;

The current environment I am trying to get working is a haskell.nix template environment. I noticed something similar to this with a small rust project I was working with the other day and ended up fixing it by changing where my package sources come from. Instead of a generic shell.nix importing I pinned everything with a flake pointing at unstable. This rebuild of the local environment fixed this issue then. I still don’t know what the root cause of this is though. Since haskell.nix uses its own nixpkg input I am at a loss currently. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

on my phone right now but I see similar issues - created an issue in the nixpkgs repo already. can search for it later.

what is your exact error message?

Back on my laptop.

@BrianTipton1
Any chance you can check if this github issue?
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/207855

Whenever I open a vscode terminal I get a bunch of segfaults.
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) mkdir -p "$ZSH_CACHE_DIR/completions" zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) command grep -q -Fx "$zcompdump_revision" "$ZSH_COMPDUMP" 2> /dev/null zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) command rm -f "$ZSH_COMPDUMP" zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) tee -a "$ZSH_COMPDUMP" &> /dev/null <<<" $zcompdump_revision $zcompdump_fpath zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) command mkdir "${ZSH_COMPDUMP}.lock" 2> /dev/null [10] 314 segmentation fault (core dumped) [12] 315 segmentation fault (core dumped) [12] 316 segmentation fault (core dumped) [4] 321 segmentation fault (core dumped) mkdir -p "$(dirname "$HISTFILE")"

Whenever I run any command pertaining to the environment and even some coreutils I see the same happening.
[1] 517 segmentation fault (core dumped) haskell-language-server

I am not getting any errors mentioning stack smashing

Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue?