talked out about redacted Nix architecture documentation (20 min)
@infinisil wonders if the existence and members of the documentation team are documented
@fricklerhandwerk can the nixpkgs architecture team outline how nixpkgs is currently organized, warts included? that would help everyone not already being expert orient themselves where to contribute best
- @infinisil better have a pull-based approach, the architecture team would be the primary source to ask if you have questions
- @Ericson2314 we should document all the cruft that may never become stable in one place
updates on NixOS wiki administration (5 min)
- decision: no change, keep a mirror; discuss with Foundation whether and how to make the Wiki official
status of obtaining usage statistics (10 min)
- no updates, work ongoing; mostly a permission issue; we need more formal communication with project leadership
discussed establishing nomenclature for Nix ecosystem (10 min)
- decision: prepare a polished proposal for marketing team (and possibly foundation board) to adopt
Oops I didn’t catch in time, but I actually said we should document the stuff that is perma-unstable in the same place. I am very happy with documenting it! I just don’t want the “internals” to be confused with the “user facing parts” by regular users not trying to contribute to Nixpkgs.
@Ericson2314 fixed the notes.
Very interesting all of this. I want to mention for the Doc’s Team situational awareness, that I’m in this very moment in the process of “modernizing”
cc @AndersonTorres et al.
I want to notify wikipedia Nix entry looks abandoned. For instance the dead link to Nix Expression Language.