- Maintainer responsibilities PR (collaborative work): Maintainer responsibilities by minijackson · Pull Request #362 · NixOS/nix.dev · GitHub
- Attendees collaborated in real time over tmate, particularly around docs team meeting logistics
- Consensus to merge, baby, merge!
- This issue popped up in the Nix team meeting: docs: drop shell prompt character for consistency by msagarpatel · Pull Request #7251 · NixOS/nix · GitHub
- We agreed to approve the PR but create an issue suggesting that the site be changed to enable non-selectable shell prompts
- nix.dev content discussion (specifically what we may need to remove to make it an official source)
- Mentions of Cachix
- Long list of use cases
- unofficial tools
- devenv (used in the template)
- it’s an unmaintained, undocumented stub
- The current template revolves around devenv, which is not an official tool
- Consensus that this should be removed from nix.dev
- Multiple levels of support
@infinisil: need a process for making recommendations to new users
- @lucperkins: open issue for paid services. right now there are so few that it would being users a disservice not mentioning them, but once it gets larger it may become problematic (have experience with kubernetes project).
- Lively discussion around this brought us to the end of official meeting time. Agreement to hit the ground running with this issue next week.
Anti-patterns are an important information to deal with nix and cultivate what people like to see in the code base… … i think it is normal that those rules are broken in reality.
I like to remined you of a point i made before. To keep workload limited the documentation needs to be opinionated.