- Renewed discussion on starter templates in nix.dev
- Many approaches discussed last week, none an unmistakably clear winner
@lucperkins tentative proposal
- A “one language” approach: a dev env and a package build for one language
- Illustrate the moving parts with inline documentation
- Use README to clarify how opinionated the starter is, make it clear Nix works with any language, and direct people to further resources
- Flake support in a separate branch
- Domen mentions: GitHub - NixOS/templates: Flake templates - which is a Flake only resource
- Couple documentation with specific Nix starter templates
- Domen will add @lucperkins, @fricklerhandwerk, @infinisil and @yukiisbored as a collaborator to the nix-dot-dev GitHub organization.
@Ericson2314 has a Nix Manual issue that he’d like to pair with someone on: “Document derived paths” (Document derived paths · Issue #7467 · NixOS/nix · GitHub)
- @lucperkins will follow up 1:1 on Matrix
- Agreement by @Ericon2314 to bulk up the issue description a bit more
- Moved a few issues in the Agenda column to closed (Nix documentation · GitHub)
- The agenda items are getting close to zero. Yay! But also we should move on to other battles and prioritize new agenda items.
- Agreement to adjourn until next week