- Past meeting notes
- Matrix announcement
- Recorded and lead by: @infinisil
- Meeting notes by: @tomberek
- Present members: @infinisil @roberth @Ericson2314 @growpotkin @tomberek
Shepherds for RFC 140
@roberth as a potential shepherd, but time contraints, pass for now in favor of external participation?
- @infinisil: robert would be the most appropriate
- @roberth: Yes I’m gonna do it
- Seperately expose the derivation arguments and the “internals”
Module system for packages
- Work group assembly? (cc @roberth)
- @growpotkin: I’m in
- @infinisil: I’m in
- Let’s invite @DavHau
- Let’s ask @nbp, relevant is [RFC 0003] SOS: Simple Override Strategy. by nbp · Pull Request #3 · NixOS/rfcs · GitHub
- SOS, flake-parts, POP, simple-modules, blueprints, callPackage, ad-hoc, floco
Update: @infinisil and @growpotkin and some others paired after the meeting to write down a problem description and discourse announcement in Working group member search: Module system for packages - HedgeDoc
Vendored Rust Cargo.locks:
- FODs being replaced by more fine-grained FODs
- generally we want to avoid computation
- large increase in distributed Nixpkgs tarball size.
- similar to “two-phase” nixpkgs? RFC: https://github.com/NixOS/rfcs/pull/109
- recommendation: Only update the cargoSha256 hashes for now, size increase is too much, should be thought about more.
Should we have a time in the meeting for smaller issues
- @infinisil: Let’s have a 10/15 minute in the beginning?
- team should bring up issues and PRs as appropriate
@roberth: Have a separate meeting to discuss issues/PR’s from project groups
- @infinisil: I’d have time for another meeting
- @tomberek: It’s good to have a dedicated work time
@roberth: One distracted meeting for smaller issues and monitoring the projects (including RFC 140 and the modules for packages)
- Separate longer work meetings for each of the projects