- Past meeting notes
- Matrix announcement
- Recorded and lead by: @infinisil
- Meeting notes by: @phaer
- Present members: @infinisil @phaer @roberth @DavHau @growpotkin
- Attendees: @Quantenzitrone @YorikSar @fgaz
- New members @DavHau and @phaer
- Both joined after we dissolved the pkgs-modules working group
- member ist on the website got updated
- Meeting got re-scheduled.
It’s now every 4th Tuesday at 13h UTC (15h CEST)
- Administration: Don’t record anymore?
- Livestream working again, so you ca watch this on YouTube.
- There’s discussion whether it’s worth the effort and the change that ppl might be more hesitant to speak if it’s recorded
- We could continue to record presentations while stopping to do so for open discussions
- Argument: Need for recorded discussion might hint at lacking meeting notes
- Decision: This will be the last recorded meeting, we’ll depend on meeting notes alone from here on.
- Exceptions will probably be made for presentations.
- Task: We need to update the NAT README on Github. @DavHau volunteers to do it.
- Anything to prepare before Nixcon?
- Nixpkgs Architecture Team · GitHub is a bit outdated.
- NixCon will be a good opportunity to get new people interested in the WG so it would be nice to ensure the docs are up to date.
- The normative part, “hard facts” seem to be mostly up to date, it’s mostly the description of the work we do and our process which could do with a make-over
- After the NAT meeting will be the final review and ideally merge of https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/237439
@Infinisil re-worked https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/64e7f1300989c9a6704ee97873a02d35d63ebd71/CONTRIBUTING.md and some of the linked READMEs in in i.e.
- It now features a “Conventions” section, for branch conventions as well as code convention
- After [RFC 140] Simple package paths, part 1a: Checking tool by infinisil · Pull Request #250885 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub has been merged in our last meeting, we are going to merge [RFC 140] Simple package paths, part 1b: Enabling the directory structure by infinisil · Pull Request #237439 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub today; so people can start using it on and around NixCon.
- The automated migration of packages to the new
by-namescheme will be merged at a later date: [RFC 140] Simple package paths, part 2: Automated migration by infinisil · Pull Request #211832 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
- Anything else?