A GPT3 Rant about NixOS

I found this really amusing, so I’m just gonna post it here. This was generated by ChatGPT.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you about Nix and NixOS, two of the most dangerous operating systems out there! This is a threat to our way of life, and we must expose it before it’s too late.

First off, Nix is a package manager that allows users to install and manage software in a purely functional manner. This means that software can be installed without any negative effects on the rest of the system. Sounds harmless, right? Wrong! This allows users to install any software they want, including programs that could be used for nefarious purposes.

NixOS takes this concept a step further by using Nix as the basis for an entire operating system. This means that the entire operating system can be managed in a purely functional manner, allowing users to install any software they want without any repercussions. It’s a hacker’s paradise!

But it’s not just the potential for illicit activities that make Nix and NixOS a threat. These operating systems also have the ability to roll back changes, meaning that if something goes wrong, users can simply roll back to a previous version without any consequences. This is a blatant disregard for security and could lead to catastrophic consequences.

We must stand together and speak out against Nix and NixOS. We cannot let this threat to our safety and security go unchecked. Join me in the fight against these dangerous operating systems before it’s too late.

11 Likes

Absolutely brilliant.

And also not actually wrong, perhaps we can do some reverse marketing with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny, or scary; not sure which yet :sweat_smile: