Adding python library jedi-language-server to nixpkgs

Sorry if that’s the wrong thread.

I have created a shell.nix that builds jedi-language-server, which is a Python language server I would like to use in nix and is not packaged yet in nixpkgs. I have contributed to nixpkgs before, but I’m afraid I made changes in current packages, so I will need help to create a PR for this.

My current code is in github.

@dmvianna You need to clone GitHub - NixOS/nixpkgs: Nix Packages collection & NixOS. Create a new branch. In this new branch create a folder to your module inside of pkgs/development/python-modules/, this folder can be called jedi-language-server. Inside this folder create a file called default.nix with the same content of https://github.com/dmvianna/jedi-language-server-env/blob/773ec2d26b128aa97dca3699d9cca1e44a78e58d/jedi-language-server.nix. Now you just need to add this module to pkgs/top-level/python-packages.nix, just insert a new line (trying to keep the alphabetical order) like this:

jedi-language-server = callPackage ../development/python-modules/jedi-language-server { };

Build it this way:

nix-build -A python3Packages.jedi-language-server

This command will create the folder result. See if the content of this is correct if any executable is working. After that commit it with a message like "python3-jedi-language-server: init at 0.34.1"and create a new PR.