Aerothemeplasma, wanted to make NixOS(unstable) with Plasma 5 look like Windows 7

So, I did this before on other distros before but I cannot build the effects in the INSTALL.MD in the repo on wackyideas / AeroThemePlasma · GitLab. Basically, what packages do I need?

I have the following packages relating to build such things:
cmake
extra-cmake-modules
kdePackages.kcmutils
kdePackages.qtstyleplugin-kvantum
libsForQt5.qt5ct
libsForQt5.kdecoration
libsForQt5.qt5.qtbase
libsForQt5.qt5.qtdeclarative
libsForQt5.kconfigwidgets
libsForQt5.kconfig
libsForQt5.kcoreaddons
libsForQt5.kwindowsystem
libsForQt5.kwayland
libsForQt5.kwin
gcc
libgcc
gnumake
ninja

NixOS prevents access to shared libraries, even when added to environment.systemPackages. This ensures reproducible behavior.

If you want to build software that depends on shared libraries, you’ll need to use a dev shell.

While it may not immediately solve your problem, you might be interested in GitHub - dedSyn4ps3/nix-incognito: A nifty utility that makes your desktop look like Windows! (just came across this on Fedi, so can’t say much about it)

@TLATER Thanks, much appreciated, I won’t do it for this though. Will keep in mind if I want to build something in the future. What you mentioned is indeed the solution for the problem I was facing, but I don’t want to do that anymore, will mark it as the solution for others to see if they face similar issues.

@wamserma It does look interesting, really similar to Windows 11 but I am not too fond of that style, Win 7 is more my style, plus I don’t like GNOME.

Either way, thanks dudes, I just installed Se7en general theme for Plasma 6, but Plasma 6 is a little buggy so I’ll just use AwesomeWM for now, it just works. God bless!