Anybody at KubeCon Europe?

If anybody else is visiting Barcelona for KubeCon, and want to say hi, then speak up here :slight_smile:

I’m around and I saw at least 5 other hands shoot up today at Andrew Martin’s Reproducible Container Builds talk when he inquired about nix users. Question is how many others are gonna see this topic on short notice. Maybe we’ll manage to grab a table tomorrow or Thursday during lunch break?

Yeah, I got angry at myself for not thinking about some coordination weeks and weeks ago, but better later than never :stuck_out_tongue:

We (I’m here with two co-workers) weren’t at the reproducible builds talk, so we might be more nixos people here than we think.

We’re up for meeting a lunch one of the days, but maybe it’s best to wait until thursday and hope for a few more? Or if you’re here alone, you’re more than welcome to join us somehow.

Not here for KubeCon, but work. Still would like to meet up with some people :slight_smile:

Today is quite busy with an after-conference party, but maybe we can coordinate dinner for tomorrow?

I think I found Andrew Martin’s talk here Rootless, Reproducible, and Hermetic: Secure Container Build Showdown

1 Like

I propose trying to meet up after the last session slot today (~17:20) outside of Hall 8 somewhere towards the rightmost tree in front (facing the street from the entrance). I’m wearing a Jellyfish release shirt.

From there we can decide where to go to and post the address in this thread as well (for stragglers).

Any chance we can meet for lunch instead? It seems like we’re busy tonight. :frowning:
Maybe somewhere in 8.1 near the round tables?

I’m not wearing anything partiularly recognizable, but look for a bald bearded dude wearing black shorts :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I just realized my co-worker is wearing a NixCon London t-shirt.

Ok, I’ll be on the lookout for that nice green color then!

1 Like

I haven’t found my coworker yet, but I’m standing at a small round table in the middle of 8.1

Definitely nice seeing you guys there. Nixcon 2020 in Denmark? :smiley:

Yeah, great seeing you too!

We could totally help arranging that, if people are interested, but we could also find a place with more nix users :wink:

For the people that weren’t there, what are the talks that you liked most?

If I could rewind time by one week, I would have went to more SIG deep dives.

From the talks I heard, I liked KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019: Unit Testing Your Kubernetes Configurati... and KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019: Where's My Pod, Already? A Tale of Cold-... the best.

1 Like