Application for the Sovereign Tech Fund general investment

Hi everyone,

I’m preparing an application for funding from the Sovereign Tech Fund. The STF’s public call is aimed to increase resilience and reduce tech debt in the Nix ecosystem.

In our application we’re proposing to:

• Improve the contributor experience
  • Improve documentation
  • Reduce ongoing costs for continuous integration and distribution
  • Strengthen supply-chain and end-user security

If you are able to contribute to the implementation of the proposed deliverables, please get in touch.

The proposal is not final at the time of writing, and I’m publishing this here so we can discuss how to shape it. My approach so far was merely collecting well-known problems that have non-clever solution approaches, and re-using previous planning efforts and estimates.

Note that the lead time for an application is 6 months, and there is no submissions deadline. I would like to submit in the next two weeks. See also the meeting notes where an STF employee elaborates on the application criteria.

Join on Matrix to chat in public: https://matrix.to/#/#nix-stf-general-funding:matrix.org

You can also reach me privately here on Discourse or on Matrix.

This effort would not be possible without the support by @proofconstruction @RaitoBezarius @wamirez and input from @Ericson2314 @janik @edef @hexa @roberth @ron @tfc.

24 Likes

Thank you, @proofconstruction , @RaitoBezarius , @wamirez , @Ericson2314 @Janik @edef @hexa @roberth @ron @tfc and @fricklerhandwerk .

I’m sure many of us are grateful for your contributions and hope that this is successful in acceptance and implementation.

4 Likes

Big props to everyone and especially @fricklerhandwerk!

1 Like