ATLauncher: executables 'not found'

yes It does not work I have that on. I have forgotten the error message, but I am certain what happened was when I have Discord Integration checked it does not work at all.

1 Like

Strange…Now I am testing it again no matter I have Discord Integration on or off it works regardless. Same thing for Use Java Provided, it just works. There might have been an update, but I am not sure about it now.

2 Likes

Was the error message similar to this, perhaps?

I see. I don’t know about the Use Java Provided option, but my best bet for Discord Integration is that the first time you launch an instance, it tries to load native libraries for Discord, but it either fails to find them or it can’t use them because they’re dynamically linked.

Howeve, after this first time, the launcher uses the Discord libraries that come bundled with the JAR, as confirmed by @GetPsyched here. That said, another strange thing is that I couldn’t reproduce this even after deleting all game data and cache. I could have missed something, though.

2 Likes

Jumping in here to say that it is discouraged to uncheck the “Use Provided Java” option by the upstream dev.

2 Likes

Was the error message similar to this, perhaps?

No, the error was not similar to this. I believe it was something about the dynamic binaries not able to be run on NixOS, which made me enabled nix-ld? I don’t remember about that either, sorry.

my best bet for Discord Integration is that the first time you launch an instance, it tries to load native libraries for Discord

Now that you mentioned this, it might have been because I had vesktop install only but not the actual discord client.
At least everything works now!

2 Likes