We had our second bi-weekly meeting yesterday, organized by @andir. Things are on the right track.
The biggest item was to get our budget predictions in order, which we did. Next, we have to submit it to the NixOS Foundation to get it approved.
In terms of dates for the venue, it
should be 15th-17th September. We’re waiting on confirmation from the venue.
For all the details, here are the notes from the meeting:
Could you given an update on whether the dates are fixed?
Also interested in updates on NixCon 2023. I have to choose between this and another conference, but I believe I would be able to submit a talk to NixCon, and would prefer it. It would be good to know if it is on track or not.
The date has changed. The venue was unavailable for that week and the event will happen a week earlier from 2023-09-08 to 2023-09-10.
We recently visited the venue and it looks very promising.
We are currently working on finalizing the CfP, ticket prices and sponsoring tiers.