Bluetooth volume suddenly at 80-100% after connecting bluetooth headphones

Hey, I am having trouble with my bluetooth headphones, however on my phone they work fine, which leads me to believe something is up with my nixos config. Sometimes after connecting my bluetooth headphones they go up to 80-100% volume, which… well is at least not pleasant, and just outright dangerous, since they go stupidly loud… This is my first post here, so if anyone needs any additional info please let me know where I can get that info from.
Part of my config:

sound.enable = true;
  hardware.pulseaudio.enable = false;
  security.rtkit.enable = true;
  services.pipewire =
  {
    enable = true;
    alsa.enable = true;
    alsa.support32Bit = true;
    pulse.enable = true;
  };

and

services.blueman.enable = true;

I hope I did not forget any other relevant lines in there

Does nobody know anything about this?

The issue might be that Device volume for SDDM users is not restored on login from Restore volumes with PipeWire/WirePlumber.

Else, another one that may be related is High audio volume due to synchronization between headphones and PipeWire.

Does this happen only the first time you connect your headphones or is it each time?

It happens with no apparent pattern, it seems to be more often when sound is playing while connecting them. And I am not using SDDM, I’m on KDE plasma via Wayland

According to the Bluetooth Wiki page, you’re supposed to enable blueman if your DE does not have one by default:

If your desktop environment does not provide such a GUI, you can additionally enable the blueman service, which provides blueman-applet and blueman-manager with the snippet below.

But

Heavier desktop environments will usually provide a Bluetooth management GUI which you can use to pair devices.

I think KDE has a Bluetooth daemon already and blueman might be having some conflicts with it.

Can you try disabling blueman?

I just did that, I’ll have to see how it goes since it only happens sometimes, regardless thank you for a potential solution

1 Like

I have not had any problems with it since your potential solution, I assume it works correctly now, thank you

1 Like