Broken dependencies for obsidian.md and logseq

Hello,
While trying to install the nix packages obsidian and logseq, I found that the dependency electron-28.2.10 fails to build.
I tested with different machines to be sure it wasn’t an issue with my workstation, and it seems like it isn’t.
I might be doing something wrong, but I’m not sure what it could be.

Here’s the relevant error log:

patching file build/config/linux/atspi2/BUILD.gn
yarn config v1.22.22
success Set "yarn-offline-mirror" to "/nix/store/xi7gvn71f2zk3h1lw2ljcn5h9s9cqmwq-offline".
Done in 0.03s.
yarn install v1.22.22
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
warning " > @electron/lint-roller@1.10.0" has incorrect peer dependency "typescript@^4.5.5".
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
warning Ignored scripts due to flag.
Done in 3.01s.
applying in src: build_gn.patch
applying in src: dcheck.patch
applying in src: accelerator.patch
error: src/content/test/data/gpu/webcodecs/copyTo.html: No such file or directory
/nix/store/ym5fm2km11rn0fb6z6n6zd16fwi5p159-stdenv-linux/setup: line 131: pop_var_context: head of shell_variables not a function context
error: builder for '/nix/store/fbd4wbgknpgns5pcr6h5xnyrmagnqi2n-electron-unwrapped-28.2.10.drv' failed with exit code 1;
       last 25 log lines:
       > applying in src: fix_harden_blink_scriptstate_maybefrom.patch
       > applying in src: chore_add_buildflag_guard_around_new_include.patch
       > applying in src: fix_use_delegated_generic_capturer_when_available.patch
       > applying in src: build_remove_ent_content_analysis_assert.patch
       > applying in src: fix_activate_background_material_on_windows.patch
       > applying in src: fix_move_autopipsettingshelper_behind_branding_buildflag.patch
       > applying in src: revert_remove_the_allowaggressivethrottlingwithwebsocket_feature.patch
       > applying in src: fix_handle_no_top_level_aura_window_in_webcontentsimpl.patch
       > applying in src: feat_allow_passing_of_objecttemplate_to_objecttemplatebuilder.patch
       > applying in src: chore_remove_check_is_test_on_script_injection_tracker.patch
       > applying in src: crash_gpu_process_and_clear_shader_cache_when_skia_reports.patch
       > applying in src: revert_same_party_cookie_attribute_removal.patch
       > applying in src: fix_restore_original_resize_performance_on_macos.patch
       > applying in src: fix_font_flooding_in_dev_tools.patch
       > applying in src: feat_allow_code_cache_in_custom_schemes.patch
       > applying in src: enable_partition_alloc_ref_count_size.patch
       > applying in src: ensure_an_axcontext_before_painting.patch
       > applying in src: safely_crash_on_dangling_profile.patch
       > applying in src: prevent_mojotrap_event_re-ordering.patch
       > applying in src: m122_cherry_pick_cve-2024-25062_libxml_fix.patch
       > applying in src: allowlist_devtools_for_file_access_permission.patch
       > applying in src: update_crashpad_to_37afd37401253ebcebcf6e07ce15c8cfecb1a1cc.patch
       > applying in src: m122_webcodecs_disable_async_videoframe_readback_to_mitigate_a.patch
       > error: src/content/test/data/gpu/webcodecs/copyTo.html: No such file or directory
       > /nix/store/ym5fm2km11rn0fb6z6n6zd16fwi5p159-stdenv-linux/setup: line 131: pop_var_context: head of shell_variables not a function context
       For full logs, run 'nix-store -l /nix/store/fbd4wbgknpgns5pcr6h5xnyrmagnqi2n-electron-unwrapped-28.2.10.drv'.
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/p0nsdrxfxz6lprhgb219wv8svwmxnb73-electron-28.2.10.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/vc8dn5bn5f2i9v7g058ksiwldfwz4m3a-obsidian-1.5.12.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/dp3w0x06lsqipshk999m7w4hrx4v7lzj-home-manager-path.drv' failed to build
error: 1 dependencies of derivation '/nix/store/5f43hlr7lf39dx5ivy4ynd7s404v9h5w-home-manager-generation.drv' failed to build

Note: I’m using home-manager and the unstable branch of nixpkgs.

The fix has been merged and is in nixos-unstable. Updating your inputs/channels will fix it.

Thank you for your feedback @quasigod , but the issue persists for me.
I’m using Nix on Arch Linux (didn’t have time to migrate to NixOS yet).
I ran these commands:

nix-channel --update
home-manager switch -b backup

Am I missing something?

Output of nix-channel --list:

home-manager https://github.com/nix-community/home-manager/archive/master.tar.gz

Do you have a nixpkgs channel? If not, can I see your home-manager configuration?

I’m not sure, actually, but I install programs through home-manager.
Sure, here’s a link: GitHub - TrudeEH/dotfiles

Check if sudo nix-channel --list shows a Nixpkgs entry, if so, sudo nix-channel --update should fix it.

1 Like

Thank you.
I can’t believe it was so simple! It’s working again now. :slight_smile:

1 Like