On a specific machine, any Nix command executed by a normal user, which requires contacting
cache.nixos.org fails with errors like these
error: unable to download 'https://cache.nixos.org/j6nzx7mn1y2irr6swbgc18dh1xli8svz.narinfo': SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK (60); retrying in 2552 ms
- The problem only occurs for normal users, not
NIX_SSL_CERT_FILEis set in the user’s environment.
/usr/bin/openssl s_client -CAfile $NIX_SSL_CERT_FILE -connect cache.nixos.org:443connects without a problem.
- This occurs on a machine on which
- Nix 2.4 was installed originally.
- At least one failed attempt was made to upgrade (I don’t have the details available).
- Another attempt was made, by completely removing
/nixand running the Nix installer script.
- Nix 2.6.0 installed at present.
Can you suggest how to make Nix usable once more for normal users on this machine?