California Bay Area Meetup! - Nix 20th

Join us for the NixOS Meetup event in Sunnyvale! This will be an opportunity for anyone interested in Nix/NixOS to meet in person, socialize, share ideas, and learn from each other.

The meetup will be held on 3/24 (Friday) at 2pm to 5pm at the Google Offices MP6 in Sunnyvale.

Whether you’re just getting started with Nix or have years of experience, we’d love for you to join us for an evening of learning and community. Please RSVP as space is limited. → NixOS 20th Bay Area Meet! Tickets, Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 1:00 PM | Eventbrite

@softinio @fzakaria

1 Like

I will be going. Any requests for topics to present, discuss, or hack on?

1 Like

Will also be there!

Might spend some time trying to get this through the gate: Enable networkd by default by lheckemann · Pull Request #202488 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub

1 Like

3 Likes

We doubled since the last meetup! Thank you everyone for joining!

We are in the works of organizing the next one! Looking for a space to host the SV Nix Group. Ping me if you have any ideas :slight_smile:
@tomberek

Nice! Looks fun without being too fun!

I’m thinking this would be a good time to do Nix tutorials/walkthroughs and answer questions. Basically, focus on beginners and onboarding. We can leave time at the end for governance, roadmap, esoteric things, etc.

2 Likes

Second what @tomberek said. Might be good to split into smaller groups also, rather than a single large group.

1 Like

I’ll try to see if we have a venue that accommodate that. If anyone has more ideas let me know :slight_smile: