Can't enter distrobox

Hi I’m currently trying to get distrobox to work as there is a package I need from the aur and after following the Nixos wiki I get this error whenever I try to enter it.

This seems to be a typo somewhere (I wasn’t able to find “scrPath” in either Distrobox nor Nixpkgs) that may have been fixed with a newer release. What command are you using to run Distrobox?

Also, just being curious, what package do you need from the AUR? Maybe we can work on packaging that for Nix too.

Lutris as I need it for emulators and I can’t find a way to make the appimages work.

Lutris is already available in Nixpkgs (link), is there an specific reason you need the AUR version?

Because again the version in nixpkgs is fundamentally broken as appimages don’t work in nixos

Also for distrobox I just followed what was on this page Distrobox - NixOS Wiki

Not able to replicate the Distrobox issue with either stable or unstable, so I also can’t help there. But the overall issue may be an XY problem. Appimages don’t work out of the box, but you can definitely get them to work: Appimage - NixOS Wiki

programs.appimage = {
  enable = true;
  binfmt = true;
};

NixOS needs a wrapper to make appimages work, and this will enable the wrapper to automatically trigger when you run any appimage.

Also, most emulators are packaged in Nix at this point, so if you don’t need specific builds or really niche emulators, you can probably just source the packages in your normal configuration. The only thing out of the ordinary would be RetroArch cores, which require some configuration finagling that may seem unintuitive at first: RetroArch - NixOS Wiki

Flatpaks are also always an option, of course: Flatpak - NixOS Wiki

As with anything on Linux, there’s multiple ways to tackle this issue, but I’d recommend basically any of these options over trying to run it through Distrobox.