Can't print on a Canon MF3010

Hello,

I try to print from NixOs 23.11 on my Canon MF3010 but without success.
I’ve installed the following package : canon-cups-ufr2, libjpeg, cups-bjnp but without success.
I also try to manually installer the .ppd file from the official driver, but I still got some cups errors when printing.

Here is the cups logs :

"src = bidiCommon.c, line = 630, err = 0¥nERROR: src = bidiCommon.c, line = 657, err = 1¥nERROR: src = bidiCommon.c, line = 1875, err = 0¥nERROR: src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 634, err = -1¥nDEBUG: Sent 0 bytes..."

I found a gentoo thread with the same issue, but didn’t understand how to transpose the solution on Nix.
https://bugs.gentoo.org/717260

If anyone can help me :).
Thanks,
Andreas

1 Like

I have the exact same issue on unstable, same printer and same error from cups with gutenprintBin and canon-cups-ufr2, can confirm it works on arch fine with the aur package, so i assumed it had something to do with an FHS dependency in the driver, upon further digging there seems to be a similar old issue that was closed but never fixed in the past: Hard-coded /usr/share in canon-cups-ufr2-2.90 · Issue #21955 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
Another similar open but stale issue Error when printing to canon printer · Issue #44330 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
with relevant discussion here: canon-cups-ufr2: 3.70 -> 5.40 by dmayle · Pull Request #155685 · NixOS/nixpkgs · GitHub
still I have no solution

Yeah, same problem, hopefully it will be fixed.

Thanks for the digging @dodo hope this will be fix. I don’t have the competence nor want to take time on this to try to fix it…