Card authorization on Open Collective donations

Hi,

I originally asked for help on Twitter without much success, so taking it here.

I’m having to reauthorize my card every month, which is becoming annoying. Is there any way to make it permanent?

I only have this issue with the NixOS Foundation contribution. The exact same payment method works for Garnix, for example. You can find my profile here.

Can someone with access look into the Open Collective settings?

6 Likes

Super strange instance. Can you share the exact flow? (i.e. are you getting pinged to reauthorize via email and then having to go into open collective?)
I’ll get us in touch with the teams there to figure this out.

1 Like

I get a monthly email from no-reply@opencollective.com titled “Action required: Verify your credit card to continue supporting The NixOS Foundation on Open Collective” with the following content:

Then I need to click on “Verify your credit card”, which takes me to Open Collective where I need to re-authorize it every time. Appreciate you looking into it.

3 Likes

In contact with them, need some details so will DM.

2 Likes

Update →

1 Like

For general reference Open Collective responded →
It seems that if this happens to other folks it could be due to needing to go through a card authorization process in opencollective.

3 Likes

My card works fine with the NixOS Foundation, but have had the same issue with another collective. It might be a deeper issue related to how 3D Secure works.

4 Likes

Problem solved! Thanks @ron for getting in touch :slight_smile:

1 Like