Casual Nix/NixOS meetup in Paris - April 27th

Hello everyone,
After two successful Nix/NixOS meetup last month and last year, it would be great to make this a regular thing! In that spirit, I’m pleased to announce that the next Nix/NixOS parisian meetup is scheduled for the 27th of April! The event will be held at Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris.

As usual, the event will consist in a few informal presentations (if we have some people willing to give them), a social event with drinks and food, and some space to hack on projects.

If you are interested, please register on the Mobilizon event (here) so I can better estimate the number of participants.

If you are interested in giving a presentation, please contact me anyplace you can find me (examples are mastodon → julienmalka@nixos.paris or mail → julien@malka.sh). Don’t hesitate to give a presentations! They can be as short and informal as you want, just show us what you’ve been working on!

// Version Française

Bonjour à tous,
Après deux meetup Nix/NixOS réussis le mois dernier et l’année dernière, ça serait chouette que cet événement devienne régulier ! Dans cet esprit, j’ai le plaisir de vous annoncer que le prochain meetup parisien Nix/NixOS est prévu pour le 27 avril ! L’événement se tiendra à l’Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris.

Comme d’habitude, l’événement consistera en quelques présentations informelles (s’il y a suffisement de propositions), un événement social avec des boissons et de la bouffe, et une salle mis à disposition pour hacker sur des projets!

Si vous êtes intéressés, merci de vous inscrire sur l’événement Mobilizon (ici) afin que je puisse mieux estimer le nombre de participants.

Si vous souhaitez faire une présentation, contactez-moi à n’importe quel endroit où vous pouvez me trouver (par exemple, mastodon → julienmalka@nixos.paris ou mail → julien@malka.sh). N’hésitez pas à faire une présentation ! Elles peuvent être aussi courtes et informelles que vous le souhaitez, montrez-nous simplement ce sur quoi vous travaillez en ce moment !

7 Likes

Dommage, je ne peux vraiment pas venir cette fois-ci…

La prochaine!

Finally a recurring excuse to visit Paris :wink:

Finally a recurring excuse to visit Paris :wink:

So I should count you in ? :innocent:

1 Like

Soon enough hopefully!

Friendly reminder: This is two days from now :slight_smile:
2 people have reached out to give a brief presentation so far.
Don’t forget to register if you wanna attend.
See you on Thursday !

Hello,
Can I attend it virtually? As I am a student from India and can’t afford to visit Paris.

Hello,
So far, we have decided not to film our events to keep them casual so the answer would be a no, sorry :frowning: Bigger events like the NixCon usually have a live feed though.

1 Like

Okay! Thank you, btw the Summer Of Nix application form is still open for the year 2023. Can I still apply for it?