Citrix_workspace not at latest version

I’ve found that you can add citrix_workspace in home-manager and it points me to download citrix due to an end user license (though it seemed to just let me download the latest pacakge).

I can see several version are defined in the config including the latest one: 19.12.0, but my current channel is pointing me to 19.8.0.

I tried the following:

(citrix-workspace.overrideAttrs(oldAttrs:{ version = "19.12.0 "; }))

But I’m really making it up. What’s the cleanest way to point to a different version?

Ok sudoing and setting all the channels to unstable made it point to 19.12.0. :slight_smile:

However I am not quite out of the woods yet… I get:

Gtk-Message: 22:40:58.913: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"

I’ve tried adding in the atk package (he says winging it) but that alone wasn’t enough.

I’ve found that you can add citrix_workspace in home-manager and it points me to download citrix due to an end user license (though it seemed to just let me download the latest pacakge).

Yeah just realized that the URL was wrong (when a new version is released, it always points to /latest on citrix.com, so it actually needs to be altered as soon as a new version is available.

This is fixed in citrix_workspace_19_8_0: fix url · NixOS/nixpkgs@c811124 · GitHub

(citrix-workspace.overrideAttrs(oldAttrs:{ version = "19.12.0 "; }))

There are top-level attributes for each supported version (e.g. citrix_workspace_19_8_0, citrix_workspace_19_6_0).

Ok sudoing and setting all the channels to unstable made it point to 19.12.0. :slight_smile:

It’s not necessary to change all of your channels. It should be sufficient to do e.g. (import /path/to/nixpkgs-master {}).citrix_workspace_19_12_0 in home.packages.

Gtk-Message: 22:40:58.913: Failed to load module “atk-bridge”

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this. What did you do exactly? :slight_smile:

I was trying to run wfica from the command line. I tell you what though, if I just tell it in the browser to open the file with citrix workspace it works like a dream, so all is good. :slight_smile:

Ah, that’s what I would’ve suggested anyway :slight_smile:

Although wfica seems to work fine with Citrix 1912, I usually open .ica files directly from the browser.

Hi,

Is citrix_workspace is broken? here is my trace.

builder for ‘/nix/store/8170zx0wzhf79xps7z0i183ppib16gpp-linuxx64-20.04.0.21.tar.gz.drv’ failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation ‘/nix/store/arfayv2kryfr612qwp2p1bfp1yviawiw-citrix-workspace-20.04.0.drv’: 1 dependencies couldn’t be built
cannot build derivation ‘/nix/store/zydj31az9ppnyw87b8i7qw86s4gk04ys-system-path.drv’: 1 dependencies couldn’t be built
cannot build derivation ‘/nix/store/l3lfn1g2z10w2y4hif6s7aidfqkahr63-nixos-system-balix-nixos-20.03.3101.0d0660fde3b.drv’: 1 dependencies couldn’t be built
error: build of ‘/nix/store/l3lfn1g2z10w2y4hif6s7aidfqkahr63-nixos-system-balix-nixos-20.03.3101.0d0660fde3b.drv’ failed

Thanks, Balix

@balixo Have you downloaded the source tarball from citrix.co.uk? Unfortunately that’s necessary there. However I can’t really judge what’s wrong as you only provided a trace, but not the actual build log.