Dconf `org/gnome/desktop/input-sources` sources gets reverted upon login

Hi folks – I’ve been trying to sort out this very peculiar behaviour of "org/gnome/desktop/input-sources sources" getting reverted, and I’m out of ideas what is possibly wrong with my setup. It would be great if anyone can share their insight :pray:

I got the following code, created by running https://github.com/gvolpe/dconf2nix:

"org/gnome/desktop/input-sources" = {
      sources = [
        (mkTuple [ "xkb" "us+dvorak" ])
        (mkTuple [ "xkb" "us" ])
        (mkTuple [ "xkb" "jp" ])
      ];
      xkb-options = [ "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp" "caps:ctrl_modifier" ];
    };
    # ... more dconf stuff ...

I’ve got other dconf setup, and they all work fine (such as theme, mouse movement, etc.). They are applied using home-manager.

However, when I login, the “input-sources sources” get reverted to the following:

[org/gnome/desktop/input-sources]
sources=[('xkb', 'us')]

With another session monitoring with dconf watch /, I can see that it’s just this specific entry that gets updated.

❯ dconf watch /
/org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/sources
  [('xkb', 'us')]

When I run nixos-rebuild switch I can get the sources updated.
I can also run dconf reset /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/sources, which would get my machine level config.

I’m using GNOME and GDM – but it seems to be related to my login specifically. What else could be driving my input-sources setup? I have no other code with gsettings either, so I’m completely out of ideas where this could be set from. Any pointer would be appreciated!