Least Authority is committed to building and supporting the development of usable technology solutions and ethical business practices to advance digital security and preserve privacy as a fundamental human right.
We are a remote-first and global organization. You can have options for where and when you work while staying in close, collaborative communication with the team. Our work is conducted in English.
Join our team as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to support our development of file transfer and secure cloud storage services. In this role, you will implement DevOps processes, and improve engineering and operations processes in our globally distributed teams.
- Provide cloud infrastructure for product development teams:
- Lead the maintenance of strong infrastructure security;
- Lead ongoing infrastructure architecture improvements; and
- Participate in efforts to find and implement infrastructure optimizations.
- Support the operation of software developed in-house:
- Lead CI/CD efforts, including initial and ongoing implementation;
- Lead implementation and use of monitoring systems including instrumentation of in-house software; and
- Collaborate with all teams on DevOps practices.
- Engage with the software development teams to foster mutual growth:
- Contribute to process improvements to lower the cost of and increase the value of the development teams; and
- Participate in design and code review for in-house software development.
We don’t expect any applicant to fulfill all of the below and encourage you to apply if you meet some of them.
- Background in DevOps engineering (Linux), preferably with experience in NixOS, as well as Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- Solid experience with distributed systems
- Experience with open source software
- Experience with distributed tracing
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Maintains a clear overview of tasks, blockers, and relevant documentation for how issues are addressed: High on communication, low on tech debt
- Experience working with remote teams with a communicative and inclusive work approach
See our Careers page for more information about Least Authority and how to apply.