Discourse via Email

Hello!

This looks pretty cool. Question: can we still use email to mediate this Discourse instance? What email address to we use to create a post here via email?

Thanks!

roni

About the Inbox category

Hi roni,

I’m not quite sure to be honest. Are you getting my reply by email?

Nope! But I did just turn on “mailing list mode”, and set it to email me for every post besides my own. If you reply to this maybe I will receive it by email!

roni

I just found it as well. The config is at https://discourse.nixos.org/u/USER/preferences/emails where USER is your nickname.

replying to a specific message

I found this link that explains how to set it up. Unfortunately the post to topic by email thing is missing on our instance. To be investigated.

Receiving replies by email now… but in different threads (even though you replied on the same topic). That’s… not great.

Thanks for testing!

roni

I’ve sent in a reply via mail like 10 minutes ago … it still doesn’t show up anywhere.

So it looks like the email setting can be tuned for each topic. I enabled the inbox settings on meta and it seems to be working. See Testing the email inbox . There is also a “mailing-list mode” which might help with the threading issues that you were having @roni .

I created a new category that acts as an email inbox: About the Inbox category . That should help email-only users to create new discussion threads.

Thanks @zimbatm! I have been using the mailing list mode, and it seems to be working for me.

roni

Success of Discourse