DrvGraph: Display unbuilt or unfetched store paths before building your packages

DrvGraph is a derivation graph visualizer for unbuilt Nix package, which traverses and analyzes the dependency graph of a Nix package, and then show what needs to be built or fetched in a tree representation. So you can know those unbuilt or unfetched store paths in advance without actually building your package.

This is my first Haskell project and I really learnt a lot when developing it. I hope you will enjoy it. Any feedbacks and contributions are highly appreciated.

5 Likes

I wonder what jq-1.8.2-doc is doing there at the top of the toplevel…

Thank you for sharing. What did you make this for? Why might one want this?

@mightyiam

I wonder what jq-1.8.2-doc is doing there at the top of the toplevel…

I think it is simply brought by the installer ISO module. However, I suddenly found that I don’t have jq installed globally, which the real reason why it showed up there.

Thank you for sharing. What did you make this for? Why might one want this?

Sometimes building a package is very time-consuming. I previously relied on nom to display the graph and then canceled it quickly. And I couldn’t see the full dependency graph with nom. So IMO being able to preview the graph is a nice feature to have.

Thanks.

I may be the worst Nixer, but it is not immediately apparent to me what the labels such as Unbuilt mean and I couldn’t find those in the readme :face_holding_back_tears: