How do I enable Duplicati to backup my data to either an external or internal secondary hard drive? I have used
cron in the past but am trying to move to a system that regularly backs up my data, can encrypt it, and pretty much does it all in the background so I don’t have to think about it.
- I’m running into the same issue on multiple NixOS PCs.
- I have tried the simple things, such as show hidden files, adding my username & password, etc.
- I am able to see my external HD on my laptop and copy/move files to and from it. Same with my internal HD in my desktop, albeit I do have to use my user password in Gnome in order to access it.
One of my weaknesses is fully understanding storage and permissions on any distro of Linux. I am thinking that I need to somehow enable secondary hard drives (both internal and external, not the hard drive that NixOS is installed on). I am currently unable to backup my data using Duplicati on any of my systems (mainly concerned about my laptop and desktop).
I have dabbled with editing my
/etc/fstab in the past, but
- am not sure I even need to do so in this issue, and
- not sure if there is a nixified way of handling this if it is needed.
Any help / direction is much appreciated! Let me know if you need any additional information to help diagnose what is occurring.