Dymo 4XL printer driver

I have a Dymo 4XL Label Printer and am having problems finding a driver that has an option for a 4" x 6" label. I used the Nix package cups-dymo, but that option isn’t listed. In Debian I used the printer-driver-dymo Apt package and it had that option. I’m not sure how to proceed with this issue.

Bump…is it possible at all to install a printer driver through Apt on NixOS? The only one that actually works is on Apt…

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 which is supported by the cups-dymo package. As I use only 5 of the many papersizes I created manually a ppd file, which I added in my config via

config.services.printing.drivers = [
pkgs.cups-dymo
(pkgs.writeTextDir “share/cups/model/DYMO_niklaus.ppd” (builtins.readFile …/files/DYMO_niklaus.ppd))
];

For the Dymo 4XL I stumbled over GitHub - matthiasbock/dymo-cups-drivers: Inofficial repository for Dymo's offical FOSS CUPS printer drivers for Linux, which you might try to package. I wish you good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I can add the ppd file ok, but there is still a specific PDF raster file that is needed for this particular printer. I’m not sure if NixOS allows for manual placement of a file like that?