Enabling Firefox appmenu patches with appmenu-gtk3-module

Hello everyone!

I’m currently trying to get the app menu patches provided by Ubuntu for Firefox to work on a fork. The required appmenu-gtk3-module has already been packaged and works for every application but Firefox. They have been built from efforts already done here.

The derivation of firedragon (the name of my fork) can be found here, it basically takes Librewolf patches and adds some more patches to enable advanced KDE / app menu integration:

This works very well on Archlinux, here an app menu is provided to KDE. It does not, however, on NixOS.
Already tried some things, such as adding gsettings-desktop-schemas to buildInputs as seen here, but that didn’t help either.

Does anyone have an idea what I might be missing in order to make it work?

ohai! Any luck with this?

Sadly, not at all! :confused: Ubuntu seems to have abandoned their app menu patches when moving to Snap Firefox anyways, so (at least for me) it’s not longer relevant.

Are you the Lana Black from Latte Dock btw? :eyes:

Yup, that’s me.

If you wanna ask me about the Plasma 6 port, I’m working on it!

1 Like

Oh, no worries I didn’t mean to ask about it. I saw some of the work in the plasma6 branch already :yum:
The name looked familiar however and I wanted to say thanks for your efforts! :slight_smile:

1 Like